Thursday 29 March 2012

cakes, cakes and more cakes!





Here is a strawberry cream cake I frosted with a delicious buttercream frosting. This was one of my first cakes I decorated for fun! I pre-made the swirly flowers from royal icing . Working with royal icing can be tricky - don't forget to make sure you don't share icing bags with the buttercream frosting - any contact to grease or oil will just make your royal icing melt :( - I learned the hard way...


 
 





 

My first tiered cake! I was super happy with how the roses and cala lilies turned out! They are my absolute favorite flowers ! I think rolling out the edges of the flowers to give it a ruffly texture and a more delicate appearance really adds to the them. I used the store made fondant from Golda's Kitchen which taste 10x better than the Wilton fondant and for 3/4 of the price!







My second tierd cake I made was a 3 tier taro flavoured cake I made for my sister's birthday. I wasn't too happy with the texture of the cake itself as it was a bit more moist than I had hoped - I will def tweak the recipe for next time :)
I really wanna try a few more 3+ tiered cake but I really just can't find enough mouths to feed or an occasion.

-xoxo
Cake Lady




2 comments:

  1. I love baking as well, and cakes are one of my favorite things, but I have never tried to make a tiered cake!
    Your looks beautiful!

    http://myveryownoneyearproject.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete